Even though my blog name is Social Dude, I do not have a ton of time to blog (phone connected to ear lol ) so I am going to keep this short and sweet.
I have attended and had the honor of speaking at PubCon for quite a few years. (This year was about Social Media Metrics ) But, I have always gone to Vegas ( so cannot resists Vegas sometimes ). This was my first PubCon in Texas and all I can say is WOW with a capital W-O-W. I knew quite a few of the people at PubCon from passing conversations, but never really had the luxury of sitting down with everyone and having really meaningful conversations. Not just about Social, Search or Internet Marketing but really meaningful conversations that can truly impact the world around us. I came away from PubCon Dallas 2010 with a renewed sense of giving back to the community and realized that while we are in the digital, social or whatever age, business is still getting done the way it was for us all in the 90′s. Meeting, talking, networking and helping others solve a problem.
I would like to give props to everyone I met at PubCon Dallas (in no particular order)
PS. If we did meet at PC and we did not exchange information feel free to hit me up on LinkedIn or FaceBook!
- Brett Tabke – Do I really need to say
- Jeff Randall – Webmaster man with a camera!!!
- Jennifer Kushell ( YSN.com – all I can say is a wonderful person )
- Ricci Neer ( RockStar )
- Gillian ( SEO MOM – The Best)
- Evan Fishkin ( Portent – games man…E3! )
- Joe Morin – Mr PubCon ( Networking at it’s finest, and ouch shots! )
- Jessica Bowman ( SEO In House )
- Noelle Li ( Direct to home appliances )
- Aaron Kronis ( - Wpromote – Dude we need to powow on that domain )
- Chris Goward (Wider Funnel )
- Mike Chapman – ( Apogee Campaigns )
- Taylor Pratt ( Mr Raven)
- Sally Dishong ( LinkShare )
- Alan K’necht ( Analytics Maestro )
- Matt Mikulla ( Raven)
- Joe Laratro ( Tandem Interactive )
- Janet Driscoll ( SearchMojo)
- Roger Montti ( Martini Buster)
- Jay Hall ( ExecSearches)
- Steve Boymel ( Farlex )
- Dixon Jones ( Majestic SEO )
- Krista Neher ( BootCampDigital )
- Keith Wall ( nice.com )
- Carolyn Shelby ( CSHEL)
- Matt Mikulla ( Raven)
- Ted Ulle (Converseon – Information Architecture Man )
- Hong Vo ( You rock Hong, WPromote)
- Frank Bauer ( Web Tuning Garage )
- Dustin Radin ( Delray Credit )
- Tony Wright ( WrightIMC )
- Misty Wuori (UBL)
- Doyal ( UBL)
As a final note, I WILL for sure be heading to PubCon Las Vegas 2010 and here are a few reasons why you should too.
- Great People
- Informative Sessions that are well thought out and entertaining too
- Learn (even if you think you are an expert)
- Did I mention Networking?
- Well, it is Vegas after all
Post here if you are heading to PubCon Vegas 2010!
Who did you meet at PubCon that had an impact on your life?